The planning of the FLOGA reunion 2011 is well under way and to kick start events, a meeting of the Planning Committee is being proposed to hold via Conference call on Saturday the 18th of December 2010 by 6.00pm.
This document presents to the team a tentative Agenda for that meeting. Please feel free to add anything you feel we shall need to discuss at this early stage being the very first meeting of the planning committee.
– Introductions – Name, Graduating Set, Location, What you do, married? etc
– Poll Results – Final decision on location for reunion; Pick tentative date for the event.
– The venue for the event – Where exactly will this hold? Do we need to book it in advance?
– Preliminary budget – Proposals requested for the following areas to give us an idea how much this is likely going to cost.
- Food and Beverage – (What number of guests is safe to start with at this stage?)
- Decoration of the hall
- Photography and videography
- Music and Entertainment
- Publicity and Media – (Reunion Website, Facebook Advert, Radio, TV, Newspapers and Magazines)
- Year/Memory books?
NB: We are not expected to bring these proposals to that meeting. We shall only be delegating the task of coming up with these proposals to be submitted at an agreed date.
– Basic Sketch of the event itself – One day? Two days? Formal? Informal? Involving the school – principal, old teachers? Involving the government? Giving awards? Presenting any gift to the school? etc
– Brain storm ideas for raising funds – Do we need a bank account? How do we go about it?
– Set date for next meeting and subsequent modes of communication.
The following people are expected to be at that meeting –
- Juliet Okoloko – Venue manager, Food & Beverages
- Gyem bot – Photography
- Dieprebi Aladeh – Souvenirs & Name Tags
- Nwadiuto Akwitti – Souvenirs & Name Tags; Classmate locator 2000 set
- Irene Akhideno – Publicity
- Anuoluwa Raji – Event Planning
- Juliet Imarhiagbe – Classmate locator 95 set
- Nkiruka Pedro-Iyalla – Planning Coordinator
- Chijindu Onyenkwere – Planning
- Anne Binjin – Planning
- Fati Sani – Planning
The list shall be updated as we go along.
I would like to appreciate us all for volunteering. Looking forward to working with us all!